The eye is the window to the soul. This is a universal truth. But, does it really hold water? Well, for most people this could be the case. For there are times when the eyes may be blurred causing the real person within to be imprisoned and hidden from view. This results to a camouflaged self that is reflected through the eyes of the individual.
Consider this. A person who has a healthy eyesight would normally reveal both invigorated or a worn out soul. What is within, whether good or bad will always manifest. If the person you are looking into has any of these eye problems, you might be seeing a person that may not be the real person from within because of the eye problems that that person has. These eye problems and accompanying symptoms maybe one of those listed here. The list is not just limited with these.
- Amblopia (lazy eyes). People with such eye problem have difficulty identifying an image presented to them. WebMd reports that people with this eye condition have healthy eyes that do not function properly as the central vision in one eye has not been totally developed. In this condition, the undeveloped central vision in one eye leads to the use of the other eye that becomes the dominant eye. Patient suffering with this condition may be found squinting and closing one eye to see. There may also be unrecognized blurred vision in one eye as well as loss of vision if one is suffering from this common eye problem.
- Astigmatism. People with astigmatism has a blurry vision at all distance. This, according to eye experts, is caused by irregular corneas. Symptoms associated to astigmatism include squinting, eye strain, headaches and reading problems.
- Blurry or cloudy vision. According to experts, those that sees blurred visions may be suffering from any of these eye conditions: short-sightedness (myopia), long-sightedness (hyperopia), astigmatism or presbyopia (lao hua). An even more alarming blurred vision, can be caused by even more serious conditions such as age-related macular degeneration. This condition makes objects in the middle of the field of view to appear as distorted, but the peripheral vision remains clear. This condition is permanent and can cause blindness if left untreated, hence early diagnosis is vital.
- Near-sightedness. Having blurred visions that is worse when you are looking at distant objects suggests that you maybe near-sighted, or myopic. People with myopia often have very clear near vision.
- Watery or itchy eyes. Eyes that are most of the times are itchy or watery may be caused by an allergy to certain irritants.
- Retinal detachment. This kind of eye problem can result to abruptly seeing flashing lights together with black floating spots in field of view.
- Cataracts, according to sources, is the most common cause of vision loss in people aged 40 and above, and is the major cause of blindness. There are more cases of cataracts in the whole world than there are of glaucoma, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy combined, according to Prevent Blindness America (PBA).
Having healthy eye-sight may definitely reflect a soul filled with joy. With poor eye-sight, however, many may fail see what is beyond that meets the eye. If you would really want to let others to see what’s under your skin, and not just superficial reflection of who you really are, a thorough examination of your eyes maybe one of the considerations that you might need to do. Of course there is always an exception to the rule. If at the moment, there is nothing else that you can do with a frequent blinking or squinting eye. Perhaps along with your mother’s DNA is passed physical characteristics that include bulging eyes, droopy eyelids, swelling eyelid, etc. What you can is to let your emotion to really show through your eyes.
Keeping your eyes healthy, nor accepting our individual differences may allow you to be more receptive to who you really are rather than be disappointed with your deformities.