Sun City, AZ is home to a big number of communities that includes those with active lifestyles. Because of this, one of the main efforts for community members is healthy living. Health-conscious individuals tend to look for the best and top-tier health care management for their body, particularly in eye care. However, there are already a number of eye care clinics in the area, and looking for the right vision care specialists can be quite challenging.
The right type of eye care
Managing your vision is important, since eyesight tends to deteriorate over time because of age and poor health management among other causes. There are also times when eyesight is already poor because of genes and diseases. However, while not all vision problems can be solved right away, most of the issues can be dealt with by proper eye care specialists.
The emphasis for “proper” specialists is important, since the eye is a complex organ that needs specialization for different issues. There are different types of eye doctors and vision management professionals, so you will need to check if the treatment plan is the right one for you. Fortunately, there are first-rate vision care specialists in Sun City, AZ that are already established institutions in eye care and offer a wide range of vision health management and treatment.
Depending on the problem, you will need to consult with different eye care professionals.
- Ophthalmologists can be described as general practitioners in eye care, specializing in surgical and medical treatments for the eye and prevention of eye diseases and disorders. They are trained to provide full-spectrum services for eye care, from surgery, glasses and contact lenses prescription, to routine eye check-ups.
- Optometrists specialize in examination of the eyes and diagnosing problems in vision. They can also prescribe correction glasses and perform certain types of eye treatment. The range of treatments that they can perform vary from state to state, though an established institution will have professionals who are licensed to perform surgical procedures like laser surgery, treatment of certain diseases like macular degeneration, and prescribe treatment medications.
- Opticians are licensed health professionals who assist in the doctors in supply, preparation, and delivering of vision-related devices like contact lenses and eyeglasses. They may also provide surgery-related elements for medical treatment like artificial eyes and low-vision devices.
- Low-vision specialists provide comprehensive low-vision care diagnoses and treatment, particularly for serious eye disorders like glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, and diabetic retinopathy. Often, ophthalmologists and optometrists pursue additional specializations and credentials to become low-vision specialists.
Which one to see, an optometrist or an ophthalmologist?
Since both health care professionals have credentials and specializations to diagnose eye problems and administer treatment plans, most people may be confused on which doctor to see about their medical issues.
If you only require routine check-ups and still have healthy eyesight, either of the two certified professionals can be contacted. Both of these medical professionals are licensed to perform routine eye exams and manage a wide range of eye-related issues and disorders.
Most optometrists deal with treatment and management for common eye problems like eye infections and dry eyes, and may also treat certain eye disorders like glaucoma. However, certain eye diseases and disorders require specialized attention, which may be a particular area for an ophthalmologist with specialization.
Meanwhile, there are also specialists that focus on pediatric ophthalmology and low-vision problems for certain eye disorders.
Top-tier eye care institutions offering first-rate services have these areas covered, and will provide both services by licensed and practiced ophthalmologists and optometrists. Often, to optimize and maximize treatment plans, these two licensed professionals will work together on a case, a setup called co-management.
For example, your primary eye doctor – an optometrist – may decide to send you to an ophthalmologist for thorough examination and treatment. The ophthalmologist then performs the surgery and medically manages the eye problem. However, the specialist may decide to send you back to your primary eye doctor for post-surgery treatment, since your doctor is the one who has thorough knowledge of your medical history.
This has an added advantage for the patient, since working as a team means the doctors will have complete and detailed views of the case, and adjust their specialized treatments accordingly for convenience.
Find the right vision care specialists in Sun City, AZ
In Sun City, AZ, not all eye care clinics can be said to be established institutions. What makes an eye treatment center first-rate? Aside from offering a wide range of eye treatment and management plans, established eye care centers also have other qualities that make them a cut above other eye clinics.
- Facilities – From eye exams to treatment, top-tier eye care centers offer complete facilities for your convenience, with different state-of-the-art equipment and devices for diagnosing, treating, and post-surgery management of vision-related problems.
- Comprehensive treatment services – Most eye clinics offer exams and treatment only for common vision problems. However, the right type of vision care specialist offers a wider and more comprehensive range of eye care treatments and management plans to make sure you will have the appropriate services for your eye needs.
- Complete set of skilled professionals – Established eye care institutions will have a skilled team of eye care specialists and doctors to help patients with a comprehensive eye treatment and management service, from diagnosis to post-surgery management.
- Wider insurance coverage – Most often, eye clinics only serve insurance from well-known, established companies. However, a first-rate eye care center caters to a wide clientele, and offers a broader range of insurance coverage. They also offer a more comprehensive selection of insurance claim options to make sure that eye care services will be appropriate and convenient for the patient.
- Broad scope of services – A top-tier eye care center not only offers a wide range of treatment and medical management plans for eye disorders, but their team of experts also have experience in vision rehabilitation services. Most often, they have a team of specialists that recommend non-invasive treatment plans like laser surgeries and corrective measures, and only advise surgery and medical treatments as fallback.