Just like the body, your eyes need proper maintenance of exercise to keep it healthy. Below are some of the easiest way to have your eyes exercised.
This is a very effective way to reset the vision of your eyes when things becomes blurred due to tiredness.
- Take a few deep breathes at the start of the procedure.
- Make sure you’re comfortable enough while leaning on a desk with your elbows on your knees. Then close your eyes.
- Place your hands over your eyes with the your palm covering it in cup-like figure, while your fingers are resting in your forehead and the heel of the hands are on your cheekbones.
Blinking is a natural thing thus this simple yet overlooked exercise can bring a freshness in the eyes and brings longer focus. It lubricates and cleanses your eyes with the natural fluid (tears) and it makes your eyes rest and relax the eye muscles. So better make blinking as a part of your eye exercise routine.
Figure of Eight
This is a simple exercise makes your eye muscles increase its flexibility.
Try to have a huge imaginary figure of eight in front of you. Now trace this figure using your eyes slowly but surely. Do it for 3 times and then do it the other way around for few minutes.
Near and Far Focusing
This is a form of exercise that you can perform just about anywhere you are.
- Have yourself sit in the most comfortable position. If you also want to stand you can do so. This will not take too much of your time for it can be done in 2-3 minutes at a time.
- Put your thumb about 10-12 inches away from you and try to focus on it.
- Now, focus on something else about 10-20 feet from where you are.
- With each deep breath switch between your thumb and the 10-20 feet thing in front of you. and repeat this cycle for 3 consecutive times.
The next eye exercise will help your focusing skills and eye muscles improve its mobility.
- Sit properly.
- Use your thumb or grab a pen and hold it in an arm’s length.
- Bring your focus on the tip of the pen as you move it closer to your eyes. Stop the motion when it’s 7 inches away from your eyes.
- Now, move the pen away from eyes as you focus on its tip as it is moving away. Stop when it’s 12 inches away from you.
- Do this for a few times as a quick break from computer strained eyes several times a day.
Gazing into the Darkness
Place your elbows on the table. Rub the palms of your hand for about 20 seconds. Then place the palms over your eyes with the fingers lying flat on your foreheads. Close your eyes and engage the darkness. Relax and hold on this position for 1-3 minutes.
Massage your Eyes
Squeezing your shuteye for a couple of moments keeps your eyes massaged in the most simplest way. Keep them closed for 2-3 seconds before opening them. Repeat this exercise for 10 times. In this way, you can relax your eyes from stress.
Rolling your eyes are the simplest gestures you do whenever you’re upset or showing any dislike to a certain thing. But did you know that this simple routine can make your eyes relaxed from the strain it has caught from work all day. Always remember to stop the exercise if it already hurts the eye.
Look up as far as you can get. Then, look down. Repeat this routine in a circular motion for 10 times. Now look on the other side and repeat it again for 10 times. Lastly, roll your eyes counter-clock wise then reverse the movement in clockwise motion to finish the exercise.
Gaze a point between your eyebrows. Just focus on what you see for a few seconds and then look straight ahead. Repeat the cycle for 3 times.
Another way is to sit up straight. Look Straight ahead. Gaze at anything for a few seconds. Take your time to look at the details of the thing you are looking at and do this for few minutes.
Getting enough sleep and taking breaks from long periods of exposure to the computer screen is important. Do yourself this kind of favor and make it a habit for better vision health and improved performance of the eye.